Beaumont Care has not lifted all visiting restrictions to our aged care homes however from Tuesday 5 May there will be some relaxation of restrictions.
All residents, families and representatives will receive updated communication of details of how visits to their loved ones are able to occur which will be essentially as follows:-
Prior to entry responding to questions ensuring visitors have not:
- returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- visited a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days
- a fever (37.5 degrees or more)
- a cough, runny nose, sore throat or breathing difficulties
- after 1 May 2020, have not had the 2020 flu vaccination
- are under 16 years of age unless visiting a resident to provide end of life support.
Visitors will be required to:
- stay for a short time in the resident’s room or in outdoor areas no longer than half hour
- avoid communal spaces
- make sure the resident has one visit per day with no more than two visitors at a time
- wash hands before entering and leaving the facility
- stay 1.5 metres away from residents where possible
- stay away when unwell
- follow general hygiene requirements
- practice social distancing requirements
Visiting hours at our homes have now been limited to between the hours of 8am – 5pm on Monday – Friday and 9am – 3pm on weekends with a booked time.
People who need to visit loved ones outside of these hours are asked to seek approval from the manager of their respective home. The home’s reception will manage booking times.
Please contact your home weekdays 8am – 4pm to arrange your visit. Booked visits will commence on 5 May.